Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. WalletWhys is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links.
KuCoin is one of the most popular crypto exchanges today, with over 500 trading pairs. Unfortunately, like any other company, KuCoin has strict policies regarding user accounts.
These policies can be complex for users to understand and follow at times. If you want to delete your KuCoin account, this article will take you through the steps involved.
In This Post:
- Can I Delete My KuCoin Account?
- How to Delete My KuCoin Account
- What to Do Before Deleting KuCoin Account
- How to Remove Payment Methods from KuCoin
- How Long Does it Take to Delete My KuCoin Account?
- Reasons for Wanting to Close a KuCoin Account
- What to Do if KuCoin Doesn’t Remove Your Account?
- Wrapping Up
One of the main issues people have with cryptocurrency exchanges is not knowing how to delete their accounts. Often, exchanges will not give you an option to delete your account.
With Kucoin, however, it’s a bit different. You can stop using your account for it to deactivate or send an email to have your account information wiped from their database.
While you can’t delete your account directly from within KuCoin itself, you can contact support via email and request that they close your account for you. KuCoin also has a platform where you can contact the support team and execute your request online or within their app. Let’s take a look at each method.
To delete your account on KuCoin, you must send an email. Here is what you need to do:
- Open your email provider registered with KuCoin and click on the compose button.
- Insert [email protected] as the recipient.
- Include “Request to delete account” in your subject line.
- In your message body, include your KuCoin username and other personal information, including your mobile number, date of birth, and a KuCoin number for verification.
- You should also include a valid reason for wanting to delete your account.
- Once you have that information keyed in, hit send and hope your request is successful.
If you can’t find a way to delete your account, contact their customer support team through their live chat feature. Here’s how to do it.
Visit their website and tap on ‘support Center’ at the bottom of your screen. Doing so should enable you to find an ‘online chat’ button that will connect you with one of their representatives. Don’t forget to mention that you want to delete your account for them to be able to help you better.
you can open your mobile device’s application and tap on ‘support’ at the bottom of your screen. You should then click on the ‘online support’ button, which will direct you to a chat box where you can talk with a representative directly. Just tell them that you want to delete your account, and they will guide you through it from there.
First and foremost, you must have your account’s user id before deleting your KuCoin account. It is also vital to ensure that you do not hold any coins in your account. Once you delete your account, KuCoin will send all your cashback to their respective issuing addresses.
So make sure you move them out of your account beforehand. To withdraw your funds, follow the following steps.
- The first step is to log in to your KuCoin Account.
- Once logged in, go to Assets and click on Withdrawal.
- Select your coin and enter your wallet address and withdrawal amount
- Satisfy the 2-factor verification, fill in a verification code, and your trading password for security purposes
- Once the verification is complete, recheck your details to ensure they are correct.
- If you are satisfied with everything, click the ‘Submit’ button to proceed with withdrawing funds from the KuCoin exchange platform.
Withdrawals might take around thirty minutes to process. More significant transactions might take longer since KuCoin performs manual payouts for such.
Before deleting your account, you’ll want to remove any payment methods you have linked. Doing so involves some steps, including:
- Log in to your account
- Go to Settings and then click on Payment Methods.
- Click on each payment method
- Select remove or delete the payment method
- Once removed, you can proceed to delete your account.
It will take a short time to draft and send your deletion request email. However, it can take up to a month before KuCoin processes your request. It could vary on a case-by-case basis, so make sure you give yourself enough time.
People may close their accounts for a variety of reasons. Below are some of the most common
- You no longer want to use KuCoin as your cryptocurrency exchange and wish to move your funds elsewhere.
- You have had a negative experience with an aspect of KuCoin’s service, such as its customer support or security measures.
- You are moving abroad or leaving for another country for a while and will not be able to access KuCoin while you are away from home.
- You would like to delete your KuCoin account to create a new one under a different email address.
If you can’t get a response from KuCoin and don’t want your account around, consider contacting them again after waiting a few days. Sometimes they take a while to respond because of volume. Also, if you have any friends or family who use KuCoin, ask them for help with getting your account deleted.
If that doesn’t work, contact their online support team directly and ask for help deleting your account. Some exchanges require several steps before they can delete an account. If so, follow each step carefully.
KuCoin offers a friendly and comfortable platform for trading cryptocurrencies. They have attractive promotions and offers for their users that are worth taking advantage of.
If you ever want to delete your account, make sure you withdraw all your funds, or they will be lost. It would help following this guide to learn how to delete your KuCoin account and get started with another exchange in no time.