Disclaimer: This content is not intended to be financial advice and is for informational purposes only. WalletWhys is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you buy through our links.
With over 56 million Coinbase users and over 28.5 million Binance users, it isn’t surprising that some would like to use both exchanges and at times transfer crypto between each other.
But can you transfer between the two platforms and if so, how? How long does a transfer take?
In the following post, I take a look at transferring crypto between Coinbase and Binance.
In This Post:
- Can you transfer from Binance to Coinbase?
- Can you transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
How do I transfer from Coinbase to Binance? (Step-by-Step)
- Step 1: Find your Binance wallet address
- Step 2: Send from Coinbase to Binance
- Step 3: Paste your Binance wallet address
- Step 4: Choose your payment method
- Step 5: Confirm your transaction details and finalize your transfer to Binance.
- A Simpler Way To transfer cryptocurrency from Binance to your Ethereum wallet
- How do I transfer from Binance to Coinbase? (Step-by-Step)
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer From Binance To Coinbase?
- Is there a fee to transfer from Binance to Coinbase?
- Is there a fee to transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
- Can I transfer from Binance to Coinbase wallet?
- Are There Limits When Transferring Between Coinbase and Binance?
- Wrapping Up
Can you transfer from Binance to Coinbase?
Yes, there are some general similarities between the two platforms. However, many differences should be considered. This includes that Binance is a peer-to-peer platform while Coinbase is an online platform.
Additionally, Binance is a digital market, and Coinbase is a digital currency. With that said, there are some features that both platforms have in common.
All transactions occur through the blockchain, which is secure and free of fees. This means that you can do all of the trading and transactions without worrying about how it will be funded.
Coinbase is a more popular digital currency exchange than Binance, so some people may think that the platforms are equal potential power.
In our experience, this is not the case. Coinbase is more popular because they offer a more diverse range of cryptocurrencies to trade.
Can you transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
Yes, you can transfer any digital currency to Binance. Coinbase offers a wide variety of cryptocurrencies, while Binance offers a high-quality platform that is perfect for bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
You don’t have to worry about the security of your data either – Binance takes care of all the security concerns involved in sending and receiving money.
However, it is essential to be aware that transferring money from Coinbase to Binance can sometimes be challenging.
This is because Coinbase and Binance are separate platforms, and there are several differences in their ruptures that need to be considered to transfer money from Coinbase to Binance.
However, it is essential to note that some exceptional cases might not apply to you. For example, if you don’t have a Coinbase account or are not located in the United States. Additionally, Binance offers very different privacy policies that need to be considered.
How do I transfer from Coinbase to Binance? (Step-by-Step)
To transfer from Coinbase to Binance, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Find your Binance wallet address
- First, go to your Binance account to find your encrypted wallet address.
- Navigate to the “Fiat and Spot” page on Binance.
- Navigate to the cryptocurrency that you want to deposit.
- For example, if you want to deposit Ethereum, search for Ethereum and click on “Deposit.”
- After clicking on “Deposit” on the cryptocurrency that you want to deposit, you’ll land on the cryptocurrency’s wallet.
- On the right of the page, you’ll see your cryptocurrency’s wallet address in the “Address” field. Highlight it and copy it.
Step 2: Send from Coinbase to Binance
Once you’ve copied your Binance wallet address, head over to Coinbase. Since you’re looking for a transfer from Coinbase, click “Send / Receive” in the top navigation bar.
Step 3: Paste your Binance wallet address
Once you’re on the “Send/Receive” page, click on the “To” field and paste the Binance wallet address that you copied from step 1.
Step 4: Choose your payment method
- On the pop-up, click on the “Pay with” field and choose the payment method you want.
- You can choose between credit cards, bank transfers, or cryptocurrencies.
- After you’ve made your choice, click on “Continue.”
- Checkout will proceed normally.
Step 5: Confirm your transaction details and finalize your transfer to Binance.
After clicking on “Continue,” check out will proceed normally. After a few minutes, your cryptocurrency will be in Binance’s wallet and ready to trade.
A Simpler Way To transfer cryptocurrency from Binance to your Ethereum wallet
After you send your cryptocurrency from Coinbase to Binance, you need to transfer it from Binance to your Ethereum wallet.
To do this, head over to Coinbase and click on the “Send” tab.
Make sure you’re on the “Send” tab on the pop-up.
Enter the amount of crypto that you want to send from Binance.
Enter your Binance wallet address and click on “Send.”
Once you click on “Send,” a pop-up will open asking for information regarding your transaction.
On the pop-up, make sure that you are heading over to the right section of Coinbase for everything to go smoothly with your transaction.
For example, if you want to send Ethereum as a payment for an ICO located in Europe, make sure that your country is set as Europe when filling out this form.
If everything looks good, click on “Continue” to continue the transaction.
Once you click on “Continue,” you will land on the transaction overview.
Here you can see the amount of your chosen cryptocurrency that you are sending from Binance to your Ethereum wallet.
You will also be able to view the Coin base fee, Network fee, Total, and the estimated time of the transaction.
If everything is correct, click on “Send now” to send the cryptocurrency from Binance to your Ethereum wallet.
The transaction will usually take up to 30 minutes to complete. However, it may be delayed if there is network congestion.
How do I transfer from Binance to Coinbase? (Step-by-Step)
To send crypto from Binance to Coinbase, follow the below steps.
- Step 1: Log in to your Binance account and click on Funds > Withdraw Bitcoins.
- Step 2: Paste your Binance Bitcoin Wallet Address in the “To” field and click on “Withdraw.”
- Step 3: After you have sent the funds, you will receive an email from Binance with a link to download your bitcoin wallet. Click on the link and download your Bitcoin wallet.
- Step 4: Open the downloaded software and click on Receive (on the top right) to get your Bitcoin address.
- Step 5: Go to Coinbase, login, go to Funds > Withdraw bitcoins, and enter the bitcoin address from where you sent the funds from Binance. Your transaction will be successful within a few hours.
Deposit funds into the Binance account
Make sure that you have funds in your Binance account.
If you hold any cryptocurrencies in a wallet other than Binance, make sure that you move them to your Binance wallet first. If not, sending crypto from Binance to Coinbase will fail.
Go to Funds > Deposits Withdrawals > Deposits section and click on the “Deposit” button.
You can use any payment methods available on Binance to deposit funds. Here are some of the options: Wire Transfer; Credit Card; Perfect Money; Payeer; Ethereum (ETH); Bitcoin (BTC);
Litecoin (LTC); Bitcoin Cash (BCH). You can check out their Terms and Conditions here.
The amount of time it takes to complete a deposit depends on the payment method used and the payment network chosen.
Deposit funds into the Coinbase account
Click on the “Deposit” link at the top of your screen.
You will be able to see a list of supported cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
Click on the cryptocurrency you want to deposit and click next. The amount you need to deposit will be displayed. You can choose the payment method you prefer. The time it takes for a deposit to complete depends on the payment method used and chosen payment network. It usually takes no more than a few minutes.
After your deposit has been completed, you can check out your Binance wallet address by going to the Funds > Withdrawals > Withdrawals section. Click on the “Withdraw” button, copy the Binance address to transfer crypto from Binance to Coinbase.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer From Binance To Coinbase?
This is a question that arises quite often for people who want to transfer funds from Binance or BNB coins from the Binance platform to Coinbase and vice versa.
The transfer from Binance to Coinbase can be completed in around 30 minutes using the same time it takes to complete a normal order on an online exchange.
Transferring money from one digital platform to another can often be accomplished within the provided timeframe. If you find that it takes longer than 30 minutes to Transfer from one digital platform to another, you may need to reach out to exchange support.
There could be congestion on the network, causing your transfer to take a long time. If you find that your transfer did not meet your expectations or whooshed through for no reason, please get in touch with the exchange support team right away so that they can help and advise you on how to improve the process from the bottom of their hearts.
Transferring from Binance to Coinbase can be done in minutes or take some time. Generally, transferring an account from one exchange to another is not difficult, but it may take a little longer the first time you do it. The exchange support team provides help quickly if the transfers are complicated first.
The transfer time from Binance to Coinbase can vary from several minutes to a few hours. It depends on the speed of the network and the number of other transactions happening at the time. To be safe, it is best to wait for 24 hours before contacting an exchange support team.
Is there a fee to transfer from Binance to Coinbase?
There is no fee to transfer funds from Binance to Coinbase. However, there is a fee for transferring funds from Coinbase to Binance.
This means that you can send funds from Binance to Coinbase without incurring any transfer fees. The only fee you will incur is when you send the funds back to Binance.
You can transfer the amount back into your Binance account and then withdraw it again once you have reached your desired destination.
But there is a fee if you want to transfer cryptos from Coinbase to Binance. However, this fee is relatively small, and you can easily avoid it by sending funds from Coinbase to Binance.
How does Coinbase calculate the transaction fee?
The transaction fee for moving coins from Coinbase to Binance is calculated as follows: (1) the base rate of BTC (Bitcoin) per transaction, and (2) the amount of BTC you sent. Both factors are based on the current market rate BTC trades, which is 0.000827 per BTC.
There are two types of fees that you’ll have to pay to transfer BTC or ETH from Binance to Coinbase. The first is a fee that Coinbase charges for the transfer of funds. This fee is usually around 0.25% of the amount you pay, but it varies depending on the exchange rate at your transaction.
The second fee you’ll have to pay to deposit into your Coinbase account is a network transaction fee, which Binance will charge if you’re making an outgoing deposit from Binance.
This fee varies depending on the exchange rate at your transaction, but it often hovers around 0.0005 BTC or ETH per transaction (depending on which coin you’re depositing).
If you choose to send your funds from Binance straight onto Coinbase, both platforms will charge these fees and be added to your final transfer price when you make your deposit.
Is there a fee to transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
Yes, there is a fee to transfer from Coinbase to Binance. The fees range from 0.25% – to 0.35%, depending on the currency and the amount being transferred. The fees for transferring are higher than the fees for buying, which is 0.1%.
When you compare these fees with the rest of the exchanges on this list, it makes sense that Binance would have higher fees than Coinbase. This fee can be avoided by using a credit card or bank account to fund your exchange wallet.
Although Binance doesn’t charge any fees, there is a limit of 100 BTC per day. This means you can’t spend over $10,000 per day through the platform – which could be good or bad depending on your trading strategies and goals.
It is automatically added to the total amount of cryptocurrency transferred from Coinbase to Binance. This amount will be deducted from the final amount of cryptocurrency received by Binance.
Can I transfer from Binance to Coinbase wallet?
Yes, you can send your Binance coins to your Coinbase wallet. You can see the steps here.
- Step 1: Go to the Binance site, click on the “Fiat” tab, and click “Withdraw.”
- Step 2: Make sure you have your Binance account in place. Click on “Select Network” and choose the coin you want to trade.
- Step 3: You will be asked to enter your Coinbase address. If you don’t have one, go to www.coinbase.com/join/ and create an account with that email address, and verify it by clicking on the verification link sent to this email. If this is not possible, you can use a paper wallet instead of a registered account for both coins (Binance and Coinbase).
- A pop-up will appear asking for two-factor authentication (2FA). Press Continue if you have previously enabled 2FA on your Coinbase account (this is not required if you have not enabled 2FA on your Coinbase account). You will now see a screen with a QR code that needs to be scanned from your phone using Binance’s app or desktop wallet.
- Just remember that if you want to withdraw Bitcoin from your paper wallet, it must be from a Bitcoin Core wallet running from a computer at least as powerful as your computer (or at least as powerful as any computer capable of handling Bitcoin Core). Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Step 4: Enter the amount you want to withdraw. At this point, choose the currency that you want to trade.
- Step 5: Enter the address for your Binance account (you can use a paper wallet instead of a registered account if you prefer). Click on “Withdraw” when you are done.
Are There Limits When Transferring Between Coinbase and Binance?
Yes, there are transaction limits when transferring between Coinbase and Binance. What that means for specific platforms is different, but there may be transaction limits depending on your platform.
If you’re not sure of the platform’s limit, you can contact their support team. However, they don’t always have the power to reduce the limit. It’s essential to know your restrictions before starting your transfer to make it with as little stress as possible.
Binance offers a much easier process for users to transfer between addresses. In contrast, Coinbase offers a more complex platform that can be difficult for users who don’t have some experience in digital marketing.
The main reason why there are transaction limits is that there is no limit on how much you can trade or sell during the day. When you’re selling items on Coinbase, you can offer people who order through you more than once and will get a discount.
Coinbase and Binance are two of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. Both platforms offer a variety of features, fees, and trading options. But, which is better? That depends on your needs and how you trade.
If you’re looking for a platform to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin for cash, Coinbase is your best choice. If you’re looking for a platform to trade altcoins with more advanced features like margin trading or automated crypto bots, Binance is your better choice.